Oracle GoldenGate – Downstream Deployment, Mining Server, Users and Privileges
Downstream Mining Server
- The downstream mining server must run in archivelog mode, and must be configured to archive the Redo (or archive) logs received from the source database.
- The source database must be configured to send the Redo (or archive) logs to the mining database.
- Redo (or archive) log shipping is accomplished by Oracle Net Services and configured by using the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n instance parameters.
- Integrated Capture is set up on the host computer where the downstream database is installed. An Oracle GoldenGate instance must therefore be installed and activated on the downstream node.
Users and Privileges Required for Downstream Deployment
- A specific Oracle GoldenGate user should exist on the source database.
- The user should able to access the V$DATABASE view.
- All required privileges should be granted to that user.
- DBMS_GOLDENGATE_AUTH.GRANT_ADMIN_PRIVILEGE() procedure is used to grant this user the required privileges.
- A specific Oracle GoldenGate user should also be defined in the downstream database. This user’s credentials are used by the Integrated Extract for synchronization purposes.
- DBMS_GOLDENGATE_AUTH.GRANT_ADMIN_PRIVILEGE() procedure is run to grant appropriate privileges to this user in the mining database, as well as select privileges on V_$DDATABASE.