GoldenGate Self-Help Tools include
- Knowledge Documents (Maintained by experts and accessible from My Oracle Support
- Documentation (Configuration instructions and descriptions of Oracle GoldenGate errors, commands, parameters, and functions
- ShowSyntax parameter (Shows Replicat SQL statements)
- logdump utility (Tool for viewing and analyzing Oracle GoldenGate trails)
- Trace and TLTrace parameters (Debugging feature to detect bottlenecks)
- Oracle GoldenGate Veridata (High-Speed solution to compare tables
- With this parameter, Replicat displays SQL DML statements before executing them.
- ShowSyntax helps you diagnose failed operations such as the following:
– The WHERE clause may be using a non-indexed column
– A row may be locked by another process
– There may be no value for the SET clause
ShowSyntax Parameter : Usage
- Parameters that must be used with ShowSyntax: NoDynSQL and NoBinaryChars
Note: Each must be on a line by itself, before ShowSyntax.
- Start Replicat from the command shell in the home directory.
- Do not specify a report file. The output must go to screen.
- In Oracle GoldenGate 12c, ShowSyntax now works with dynamic SQL.
logdump Utility: Overview
- With logdump, you can:
* Search for, filter, view, and save data that is stored in an Oracle GoldenGate trail or extract file
* Save part of a trail to another trail file
* Edit and reuse a history of numbered logdump command lines
Note: Use logdump only if you need to view data in the Oracle GoldenGate trail files.