Oracle Management Pack for Oracle GoldenGate includes:
Oracle GoldenGate Director:
- Most GGSCI information is also available through Oracle GoldenGate Director Client
- A subnet can be viewed with Oracle GoldenGate Director Web
- Oracle GoldenGate Director provides an intuitive, graphical way to monitor the configuration and health of the Oracle GoldenGate network (includes SMTP alert notification.
Oracle GoldenGate Monitor:
- Provides monitoring only and no configuration
- Supports SNMP and SMTP notifications
Oracle GoldenGate reports and logs
- Process reports (shows one group report like Primary Extract, Pump or Replicat)
- Error log (Application Log, one file for entire instance)
- Discard file (Any Transactions or Records don’t process properly)
- System logs (Operating System)
Each Extract, Replicat, and Manager has its own report file that shows
- A banner with startup time
- Parameters that are in use – in addition to Rating
- Table and column mapping
- Database and environmental information – in addition to OS and DB versions
- Runtime messages and errors – in addition to command execute for this group
The Process report provides initial clues, such as:
- Invalid or out-of-order parameters
- Data mapping errors
* View Process reports using View Report <group> in GGSCI
* Use a single click to view the next or previous historical reports
Process Report Not Created
What if a process abends before generating a report?
- Run the process from the OS command shell and not from GGSCI (Example: Shell> ./extract paramfile ./dirprm/extctg.prm). Note that Messages are output to the terminal if ReportFile is not included.
- Use the StartupValidationDelay Manager parameter. This sets the delay time for the Manager to validate process status.